Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
20422294

I have forgotten my password XXXXX my email address, I have tried

I have forgotten my password XXXXX my email address, I have tried everthing. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hunter Owens replied 3 years ago.

Hunter Owens :

Hello, it will be my pleasure to assist you today. I'm a certified technician with years of experience resolving problems for people. What is the portion of your email address to the right of the @ symbol?

Hunter Owens :

I'm sorry, if you type your entire email address it masks it from my view to protect your privacy. If you could only type the portion to the right side of the @ symbol that would be great.

Customer:

how can I go into email without my password. This has never happened before. Usually I open my computer and then click on the envelope which opens all my emails, so what has happened now?

Hunter Owens :

I understand that this is frustrating, but I'm here to help you.

Customer:

bhartidpatel21

Customer:

I do not understand what you want?

Hunter Owens :

That sounds like the portion on the left side. The portion on the right would have a .com or .co.uk

Customer:

so how do I put in a new password XXXXX I can see my email

Customer:

googlemail.com

Hunter Owens :

The quickest and easiest way to resolve your problem is through a secure and temporary remote support session where I can see your screen and go through the process of updating your email settings with you. Does that sound good to you?

Customer:

yes please

Hunter Owens :

1. Click here to load the remote connection page in a new window.
2. On the page that appears, click Launch GoToAssist.
3. When asked “Do you want to run this software?” click YES.
4. When asked "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" Click YES.
5. Click on the orange circle icon in the taskbar along the bottom of your screen and click "YES" in the pop-up that asks “Do you want to join the session?”

Customer:

I clicked where you suggested but my computer is not doing what you are expecting?

Hunter Owens :

Did a new window open?

Customer:

No

Hunter Owens :

Please try this link.

Hunter Owens :

Did that open a new window?

Customer:

yes

Hunter Owens :

Hi, we'll use the GoToAssist chat window now.

Customer:

excellent service thanks