Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have selected the network for wifi and it is on in settings

I have selected the network for wifi and it is on in settings but no connection. I have restarted my router still no connection, can you help please. We can access on our laptop and another hudl tablet.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device with the problem please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kobo arc, android version

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

When you try to connect to the wifi on the Arc, what is the error you get?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no error just a blanc wifi triangle

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Has it connected before to this or any other wireless networks?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have been using it on a daily basis, however, I did have trouble with my router. All other equipment in the house has been able to receive wifi i.e. on demand, hudle and wireless computer since the router was reset. Can I perhaps take off this wifi network from my kobo and start fresh again?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, the problem is you cannot on the Kobo, what you have to do is reset it, as this recreates the wireless profile.

It will return your Kobo to new, so you will need to download your books again to it.

To do the reset please do the following.

Go to Menu > Settings > Advanced > Reset Device Now.

Let this complete and when it has, then try to connect it to your wireless network.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how could save the books I have paid for?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Where did you purchase the books from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kobo and Kindle

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, and how did you initially put them on your Kobo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Using wifi and internet

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, you just need to do the same procedure again after the reset.

Just like you initially did when you put the books on the Kobo.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But I have aalready paid for the books once.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You don't pay for them again Vivien.

They are linked to your Kindle and Kobo Accounts.

You can check this by looking at the books on the Kindle account you have.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX write down the titles and then reset my kobo. Can I come back to you if this fails please?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Of course!

I have marked this question to never close, so there is no time limit on this.

but the reset will remove the wireless profile on the Kobo and allow it to connect.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry