Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Had a samsung c3350 with parrot hands free kit both compatable.

Had a samsung c3350 with parrot hands free kit both compatable. had upgrade to samsung b2710 it would connect then disconnect and continue to repeat. Had new h/free kit bury 9048
still continued to fault so was supplied with new phone still cont. put new sim in old phone works fine no one knows what prob. is
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, it pairs with the Kit, then disconnects correct?

Does it give an error?

And how long does it stay connected for?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no error. connection time is random so is disconnection.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

The new phone you have, is it the samsung b2710 also?

And do you have any data on it you need to keep?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

old phone c3350 new phone b2710 all data on sim card. new phone switched off and new sim card in old phone c3350 so I can use h/free

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

So to clarify, we have the b2710 and it will not connect to the Parrot.

Can you then do the following please on the Parrot.

Hold the Minus button for 10 seconds. The device will reset, then the voice prompts have to be activated and the system will repeat
the procedure of language selection from the beginning.

Complete this, then pair it to the phone and let me know if it then maintains a connection please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you haven't read my first question properly i had a new bury h/ free kit fitted as they thought the parrot kit was old. but had the same fault with the new bury. the new h/free kit works fine as did the parrot but not with the b2710

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I did see this Mick, but want you to so the reset anyway, to be sure the firmware is clean.

Can you do this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does this procedure still apply to the bury kit as no longer got parrot

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes it does Mick.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will go out and try will take few minutes don't go away!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
here and waiting Mick!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

took longer as had to change sim and set up phone. out with vehicle now done as you said but no voice prompts has stayed connected at moment but as said earlier random times for disconnect

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it choose the language by default.

On average, how long before it disconnects?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

difficult to predict as you just get a bleeb but screen dosen't light up straight away and you don't know whether its connecting or disconnecting as concentrating on road but still conn. at moment

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will need to wait and see if it disconnects after we did the reset.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i try out tomorrow and contact you what is the best way to get in touch?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Mick.

If following the reset, you see tomorrow that it still disconnects, then you can just reply here, as your doing now. The messages will then come straight to me. There is no time limit on this at all.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, Had no problems today connected every time no disconnections whilst driving. Will monitor over next few days as only done short distances then vehicle parked up. Will let you Know. Mick.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mick

remember, there is no time limit, so whenever it disconnects again, just let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, bad news I am afraid just traveled about 6 mile and disconnected about 5 times but connected straight back again. Had no problems yesterday or this morning. Have been in the shop that supplied phone and he did change the screen display but nothing else. Mick

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if it connected straight back, it lost the connection for that time Mick, which indicates something is interfering with it in the car.

What other devices are there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None but is a Vauxhall vivaro van not car

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but something in it will be interfering Mick in the connection. It is not the devices that are causing this.

You have had multiple devices that are doing this, and the Samsung does not handle this as well as other phones.

You can confirm this (as you already replaced the phone) by usinng a different brand phone in the Van.

Can you do this please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it isn't a different brand just different model the old phone was a samsung c3350 which I have had 2 years working with the parrot and previous to that other phones with no problems. When I had new phone this is when I had disconnections so they changed the phone for a brand new one. I still had same problem so went to mobile solutions in Derby they told me that the parrot was old and no firmware up date to be compatable with new phone so they fitted the bury cc9048v21 still no joy they have been on to bury to try and find out problem but they are at a loss. But everything works fine when I connect c3350

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That was what I was referring to Mick.

The replacement of the new phone, as this rules out a fault in the phone, and the hands free system is also replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife has a Nokia I can try that over the w/end but if the c3350 hasn't got a problem why should the b2710

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It does not handle interference as well Mick, and interference is the only explanation for your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know what else to do!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would have the phone replaced with another model Mick.

If possible ask for a HTC as these are better equipped for interference.

But no matter how many times you replace the phone, that model is going to give you the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had this phone as I am in the building trade and wanted a replacement of a phone that has served me well. It looks like I am just going to revert back to my trusty c3350 as my 28 days expired yedterday

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can understand Mick, you just got a model now that does not meet your needs.

I would advise to revert to the C3350.

As they say, if it is not broken, don't fix it.

But your current model just cannot handle the interference.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only reason I have got this phone because of a free up date which has cost me £160.00 for the kit (which I didn't need cause c3350 worked fine) and £43.00 for just answer. Technology!!