Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My wifes Archos 101 G9 will not switch on. It appears to

My wife's Archos 101 G9 will not switch on.

It appears to be fully charged (green light comes on briefly when charger is attached, then goes off).

No obvious signs of a problem when last used.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Turn it on and when the green light goes off, shine a flash light on the screen and tell me if you faintly see the image please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sign of any faint image

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX out the backlight as the problem.

It is the internal power supply that has faulted. This is confirmed as when the green light goes out, it means it loses power instantly. Memory problems or a problem with the mainboard would result in a red or orange flashing light instead.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the device to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.