Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 since last July.I had my

Customer Question

I have had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 since last July.I had my email set up to come via the email icon on the apps. Last week, I accidently put in the wrong password for my email account and ever since then I have been unable to set up the email account again via the Email icon.
I have restored the tablet to factory settings, I have tried the information given to me by the Email provider but I am still unable to access the emails on the tablet.
I hasten to add that I am able to log on to my emails on my laptop with no problems. I believe it is something with the Android OS on my tablet. Please advise.

When I go to the email icon to set up email, I type in my account name and correct password,the reply I get back is SET UP COULD NOT FINISH, INCORRECT NAME OR PASSWORD. I know that both name and password XXXXX correct.I treid to go into the manual setup for the POP3 and IMAP acconuts and it still gievs me the above message. It is driving me to distraction when I know that it worked before but not now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Who's your email provider, e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

aol.co.uk

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Changing the password for your AOL account first, then adding the account to your tablet should resolve this issue all right.

In order to set a new password for your AOL account, please carry out the following steps:

Sign in at password.aol.com.

Next, answer your Account Security Question. If you forgot the answer to your Security Question, click Forgot Answer on the Security Question page to reset it.

You’re in. Using the drop-down menu, select the Username for which you want to change the password.

Under Change Password, type your new password in the text box. Type it again in the Confirm Password box, then click 'Save'.

Done that, add the account with the new password to your device one more time. Make sure to include your FULL email address as the account name.

Do keep me posted. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why should I change my password when I know it works on my laptop.

I know that it works on the tablet if I enter via Chrome/Internet browser and log in that way.

I am asking why I cannot access it via the email icon on the Samsung app

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Okay; so this has been a reported bug with AOL users, and does not have anything to do with your current password itself. Changing the password is often done to "flush out" the server information retrieved from a device accessing emails through POP/SMTP (which you are doing), and might very well resolve the issue you are having.

So, please go ahead and change the password now (leave out any special characters in the password), then check if you are able to add the account successfully this time.

If this does not work, no issues - just reply back to me below, and we will continue troubleshooting the issue further until we get it resolved. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What will happen to my account on my laptop which I know works ?

I do not want to have the same issue with my laptop

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Oh, that won't be an issue - after you have changed your password, the next time you log on from your laptop, you just need to change to the new password on the same (you will be automatically prompted). Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to change the password on the tablet. It is not allowing me to do it.

There is no way of being able to set a new password up

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Did you go to password.aol.com on your browser? If so, what exactly shows up when you try to change the password?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you asking me to reset my password from my tablet browser?

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please, using the link I had provided earlier - it will take you directly to the password reset/change page. Do keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Hi, could you update me on the issue, please?