Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

my windows 8 laptop is making a noise that isnt meant to play

my windows 8 laptop is making a noise that isn't meant to play every time I play sound. it's a buzzy noise that builds up and gets higher. when i stop playing sound, the buzzing noise lingers for a few seconds but then stops. What is this and what can I do to stop it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is the buzzing noises coming from the speakers or does it sound like it is coming from somewhere else?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The buzzing noises definately sound like they are coming from the speakers

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It sounds like the speaker may have blown. How old is the machine? Does the noise get louder as well when it gets higher in pitch?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it does seem like that is happening

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How old is the machine? What brand is it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was made back in march 2013 and it is a windows 8 samsung laptop

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
Unfortunately what you are describing sounds like a damaged speaker. Some Samsung machines have a 2 year warranty so you may be able to get it fixed calling: 1-800-726-7864 or 0330(NNN) NNN-NNNNin the UK. Unfortunately to fix this the damaged speaker would need to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.