Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

my packard bell all in one computer,starts and then powers

my packard bell all in one computer,starts and then powers down repeatedly
the auto repair system is of no use
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you mean it restarts or completely powered off and you have to use the power button to power on the PC ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

computer starts as normal for a couple of minutes,then powers down

it will then start & stop without touching on its own .pressing the power button makes no difference

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Please disconnect the power cord from the PC then, wait for 5 mins. after that let me know the result.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it makes no difference

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check the PC after connecting the power cord with another wall socket in another room, because I have seen many problems like this, caused due to the wall socket.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still not working

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for trying, i will take pc to a repair shop,

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Willia, I could not get back to you quickly, as I was offline at that time. Unfrotunately this is a hardware fault and most probably the mother board or the internal power supply unit is defective. Unless those parts are removed from the PC and checked separately, it is not possible for anyone to tell, which one is defective.