Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

unable to charge battery. the kindle has not been used

unable to charge battery.

the kindle has not been used for some time. The kindle is plugged into the mains and the screen heading shows "battery empty" but the charging indicator is not showing in the top right-hand corner.
Can you offer any solution?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still no response after trying your suggestion

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Harold

It is the battery that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it. The fact that you have these symptoms confirm it is the battery that has failed.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle so they can replace this. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.