Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have the micro soft XP system at present. I understand that

I have the micro soft XP system at present. I understand that by transfering from google system to google chrome,by doing this makes my system more secure from hacking.

My present system is through talktalk google. I have an avg security systm also installed

Help !!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Brian! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. If you use the AOL Desktop program for email/internet websites, then you are fine. If you use Internet Explorer program (the big 'e' program icon), then it is not good as it's an older version of Internet Explorer (newer version is not supported on windows xp.)

If you prefer, then you can download and install the Google Chrome program at the website below:
http://chrome.google.com/
, then you can go to the aol.com website for emails and any other website in Google Chrome.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information. From an article in the Daily Mail would I be right in thinking that by going to chrome it would be a safer bet, or staying as I am would be acceptable for now . My Daughter suggested that we should look on ebay for a window 7 system. we hope to do this later.

I think your answer to my question is great .I think even I if required will be able to down load to chrome system if you think I should. Regards, Brian

You're welcome. Windows xp is fine; you don't need to upgrade to the newer windows 7 (as with older computer hardware, it can slow down your computer or it's not compatible.)

If you do not use the AOL Desktop program, then I recommend to download and install the Google Chrome program. You can download and install Google Chrome any time as you wish. If you are using the AOL Desktop program, I recommend to stick with it as you are familiar using it.

If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you,