Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

g6 laptop wonstart. Created Win 7 startup repair disk, still

g6 laptop won'start. Created Win 7 startup repair disk, still no g. Factory resetstartedok, then on restart screen came up asking for installation disk which did not come with the computer. what are my options? Out of warranty. Model g61189sa serialCNF 1253YPF
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX you for your question and the opportunity to assist. The G6 should have had a recovery partition on it when it came from the factory. If the partition hasn't been removed you should be able to access it by starting or re-starting the machine and steadily tapping the F11 key as soon as the HP logo appears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried recovery twice, can't get past request for installation disk

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. You'll need to order them from HP. Go here:

-

http://tinyurl.com/msfmer2

-

Click: Ordering recovery disks from HP in Europe

.

You'll need the HP part number from the label on the bottom of the machine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

won'acept product no. tried 3 times obsolete?

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Is the message you got that the product was obsolete? That doesn't sound right.

What's your product number? I'll check somewhere else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it just couldn't find product and kept asking me to search again, the number i used is correct and matches format required

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

What are the numbers you have from your label?

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

LZ523EA#ABU

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike. HP doesn't have recovery kits available. Is your 25 character Windows 7 product key still visible on the label on the laptop?

I'm trying to come up with the most inexpensive way to get this machine back up and running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but it is not on a label it isetched into the casing in the battery compartment along with model no& s/n,pristine condition.

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. That's a good start. Is it Windows 7 Home Premium? Microsoft put out several different versions of Windows 7 and your product key has to be an exact match to the version.

Here's the situation. You can download for free a legal copy of Windows 7. As long as you have a valid product key (and you do) then you can re-install Windows 7 and activate it using your product key on that machine. It's a bit of work however. The file is a large download. Just over 3GB in size. Once downloaded it must then be burned to a blank DVD disk as an image file which will then create a bootable Windows 7 installation disk. After Windows 7 is installed you'll then need to go online to the HP website and download and install the drivers for the machine, save them to a flash drive on your PC, then insert the drive into your laptop and install them.

If your PC has a DVD burner and you have a blank DVD disk we can do this.

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Another option is to pick up a copy of Windows 7 from Amazon UK

It's not free but it is a lot less work.

-

http://tinyurl.com/mt7l5c2

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou, I couldn't find an easy download, they were all full of ads and aditinal software. . so if you have a link to suitable down load i'd be obliged before paying Amazon £40+ for a refurbished copy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I did not get a rply to my last response
Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.

Hi. There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not Microsoft is still allowing the download of Windows 7. I think the links are still working. Please to this page:

-

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

-

On this page you want the second download link:

(NNN) NNN-NNNN X17-24209.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English

VERY IMPORTANT: Right click on the link and select Save Target As

If it says "the ISO couldn't be downloaded" click Retry and it should start.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is downloading now, will take some time. Thanx for your patience, you've given me what i waslooking for. It is up to me & the download now Bye

Expert:  Byron replied 3 years ago.
It's a big download. I'm doing it myself at home.