Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I really need to retrieve a deleted e mail of, unfortunately,

I really need to retrieve a deleted e mail of, unfortunately, about 6-9 months standing. Is this possible, please? Willing to pay a fee obviously.
The e mail sent to me was [email protected] but am not sure of exact date unfortunately. The content referred to a song entitled 'la Pute' (French) but I do not know what the title of the e mail would be

My address as recipient [email protected]

Hope it is possible. I have not received that many e mails from the above address.

Thanks - XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer Hamid replied 3 years ago.

Engineer Hamid :

Hello , my name isXXXXX have 13 years of hands-on repair with computers. I will be happy to help you.

Engineer Hamid :

Your email seems to be covered up by JustAnswer policy. Can you please tell me which email provider you are using? is it Hotmail, yahoo etc?

Customer:

It is hotmail

Customer:

hotmail

Customer:

why is the expert offline? I have replied as to provider but no action from the brown 'reply' facility. Please could I have a reply to my question otherwise I shall be requesting a refund.

Customer:

I have no wish to have a monthly contract and trust I have not signed up for this?

Engineer Hamid :

Hello XXXXX XXXXX, I am your expert to help you with this issue. I am still online and would like to resolve the problem which you are facing. However I have been rated as bad service which is quite unusual. Please can you let me know when your ready so I can remote to your PC

Customer:

I am on line now so could you reply to my e mail direct please?

Engineer Hamid :

Your email is not showing in this conversation it has been replaced by [email protected]

Engineer Hamid :

So I might need to remote in to your computer to access the deleted file

Engineer Hamid :

Hi as again the email is coming back as covered according to JustAnswer's rules and regulations that email addresses should not be exposed ([email protected] ). Remoting to your computer means that I will have access to your computer from my side and you also have full control so it's similar to screen sharing but I can look at the situation in more detail and try recovering from your email account without you having to send me any email address or passwords etc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks fo your message.

I just need to know whether, in theory, it is possible to access a deleted e mail of 6 to 9 months duration.

Websites I have read suggest that 30 days is the maximum to access.

I am not computer literate but a friend is and I would need him with me if you were going to talk me through various mechanisms like 'remote' the computer.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry you have been having trouble getting an answer.

Most likely you will not be able to recover this message. When messages are deleted they go into the trash folder and stay there for 30 days. After that they are gone forever.

It would make no sense for companies to save deleted emails for this amount of time because they would run out of storage space very quickly.

Unless you backed up your email yourself no one is going to save your deleted messages for that long.

I see no reason a technician would need to remote into your computer for an issue like this, there is nothing to be done, the email is gone sadly.

If you need to discuss further please reply back and let me know.

Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.