Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My broadband is slow and the range has shunk,to such an extent

My broadband is slow and the range has shunk,to such an extent that my i pad sits adjacent to the hub to get any info through.This has slowly got worse over the last week.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me who your internet service provider is please? eg: BT?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

talktalk

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Thomas,

The problem is usually that TalkTalk have reduced your internet speed due to over use, or an issue on the actual line. It is unlikely to be your devices as you have this problem on multiple devices.

I want you to call 0843(NNN) NNN-NNNNand have them check your account and your line (due to security and privacy this has to be done over the phone).

Once done, let me know the results here please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They guided me thro' to my wireless channel and moved me from AUTO to CH11, which has extended the wireless range on that ipad (10ft) .Anything over this causes the iPad to freeze .At least I can sit down with the iPad in the living room instead of standing by the router.If I have any more problems I'll try a channel change first ,failing that ,switch the router off then on again,seems to cure most problems!
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It does Thomas!

I just wanted to make sure it was not being throttled (which they can do) as you said the computer via a ethernet cable also had the problem.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.