Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I recently bought a SAMSUNG 1TB portable disk drive. I plugged

I recently bought a SAMSUNG 1TB portable disk drive. I plugged it in and it has totally destroyed the workings of my TOSHIBA laptop. The only way to get online, is to connect my 3 NETWORK dongle and use it as my search engine. How do I get my laptop back?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Let's carry out a system restore in SAFE MODE first.

First off, please restart your computer and tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup until the Advanced Options screen shows up. Boot up in Safe Mode, then go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

When the System Restore window opens up, select 'Choose a different restore point' > Next.

At the next window, TICK the 'Show more restore points' checkbox, then select a restore point dated BEFORE you started having this issue with your system (the earlier the restore point, the better.) Click Next > Finish.

The restore operation will now proceed after which the computer will automatically restart.

Please let me know if your issue is rolled back this way, and we will continue further from there. Thank you!