Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Found today that someone has had access to my AOL email and

Found today that someone has had access to my AOL email and sent dozens of emails yesterday. I also had a lot of emails stating emails sent were undelivered but many have been delivered because I have received confirmatory emails. I have not given my password XXXXX anybody and today when I logged in aol advised there was unusual activity on my email and directed me to change my password. I am a former aol customer but not now. I just kept using the aol email service. I am unable to contact aol can you advise re what has happened and if there is anything I should do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

This is a very common problem with AOL and other email services.

If you go to a website that is running some sort of nefarious script, and you are logged into your AOL account, the script will use your logged in session with AOL and use it to send out emails. When this is done, they don't need your password.

In short, there really isn't anything that you should do now besides making sure your Antivirus applications are up to date and run a scan.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason