Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

the power cable trips the electrical supply. I got same result

the power cable trips the electrical supply. I got same result with cable ex transformer box so I replaced the sealed plug with another but this also cuts the power supply by tripping the ELCB.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
What is the make and model number of your device that is experiencing this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Laptop is HP Compaq Model Presario CQ57. Cannot be charged owing to cutting off of power. I checked turn-off to the plug and cable before the transformer/power converter part of electrical supply. That small section tripped the ECLB so I decided to cut off the sealed plug and rewired a replacement. This also cut-off power. Logically it must be the wiring inside the cable from plug to that same juncture.

I will not have access to this other computer until tomorrow evening/night.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel,
That small section of the cable will need to be replaced.
You can get a repalcement cable here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-3-Pin-Mains-Clover-Leaf-Power-Cord-Cable-Lead-UK-FREE-WARRANTY-3/201085593141