Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

the power cable trips the electrical supply. I got same result

the power cable trips the electrical supply. I got same result with cable ex transformer box so I replaced the sealed plug with another but this also cuts the power supply by tripping the ELCB.
Hi there,
What is the make and model number of your device that is experiencing this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Laptop is HP Compaq Model Presario CQ57. Cannot be charged owing to cutting off of power. I checked turn-off to the plug and cable before the transformer/power converter part of electrical supply. That small section tripped the ECLB so I decided to cut off the sealed plug and rewired a replacement. This also cut-off power. Logically it must be the wiring inside the cable from plug to that same juncture.

I will not have access to this other computer until tomorrow evening/night.

Hi Daniel,
That small section of the cable will need to be replaced.
You can get a repalcement cable here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-3-Pin-Mains-Clover-Leaf-Power-Cord-Cable-Lead-UK-FREE-WARRANTY-3/201085593141