Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

somehow Ihave created a situation with my lexmark x2670 whereby

somehow Ihave created a situation with my lexmark x2670 whereby every time I boot the laptop up, the printer rolls out a single copy of a typed letter done much earlier, as a result the printer will accept the command, but nothing happens except the number of printer commands are growing on the computer without action. How do I undo what I must have done?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer1010 replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Do you need to clear the prints in the queue ?

Do you have XP or Vista or 7 or 8 on your computer ?

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

answer no.1 Yes

answer to no 2 have the facility of 7 on the computer but have not subsribed wholly to windows, in this case the offending doc was produced on Office.org

I need to know about which Operating System is installed on the computer that is connected to that printer ?

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Andy can you put that question in laymans language please?

Sorry, I will simplify is more ...

What is the brand (make) of your computer ?

Is it a lapotp or a desktop ?

When you start the computer ... can you see a screen saying WINDOWS loading ... or only WINDOWS ... etc during the loading process ?

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Toshiba Laptop When loading Windows is evident And I believe that there are certain sections of window seven being operative but in order to join windows e mail etc ,there is a small fee to pay which I have not. Does this fully answer your question?

So now we know that your Operating System is Windows.

Now we need to find about which "version" of Windows are you using.

On the bottom left corner of your screen ... can you see a :
1. Round globe button (with windows logo)
2. Rectangle button (with START written on it)

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Answer to 1 Yes, answer to 2 No but the laptop still has a windows 7 sticker on it as from new along with intel ,skype etc

Please do this and let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Please press CTRL+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can reach me after restarting computer.

1. Start (round globe button) > type services.msc in the Search Box and press Enter.

2. A Services window will appear

3. Scroll down to and select the Print Spooler service

4. Goto Action and click on Restart

Now restart computer and printer both and then try to print.

Let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

If this helped, please go ahead and RATE this answer with SMILEY face (GOOD / EXCELLENT) so that I get credited for my answer through this website.

Andy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Andy have sent you ane mail with further info gleaned, have you recd./

Were you able to follow my instructions about Print Spooler ?

I have not received any message from your end after that

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes tried what you suggested and without success, the e mail sent was in reply to your earlier one advising me of your answer, the further info that I think may help was as a result of trying to find an answer myself last night, can retype this info if you require?

Please do this and let me know

1. Goto Start.

2. Type Command.

3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

4. Type net stop spooler then press Enter.

5. Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press Enter.

6. Type net start spooler then press Enter.

The print queue on your system should now be cleared. Type exit and press Enter to exit the command window.

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok cannot get passed instruction 3, get to command prompt leads me into a windows dialogue but no sign of administrator, does show me the pass name for the computer. Have tried typing administrator, no good, have tried going to instruction5 , copmputer message does not recognize, Are we into heavy stuff here?

I will provide you an automated file for this. This will clean your printer queue and you can use it in future too.

Download and save the file on your desktop from link below :
http://bit.ly/1jeLf6S

File name is : Clean_queue.bat

After saving the file on your computer, you just need to double click on the file to execute it.

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Andy Have downloaded Clean-queue and run it through the system, the offending file still remains in the printer queue, the only difference being it,s status which has changed back to deleting. If we can get this item to disappear, i think problem will be solved

Did you restart the computer after doing above ?

Please restart the computer and let me know result.

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Andy Thanks for getting back to me, have tried your sugestion with no luck at the moment. however a couple of extra bits of info gleaned while i have been trying to undo this thing, 1st went into a programme last night to do with default printer relating to office .org and think that I read that continual prints were result of computer crash and that error report should be submitted, how this helps and how I found that info. I do not Know. 2nd this morning went into printer detail on computer and cancelled all the prints in the queue except for one that refuses to be cancelled, this is the document letter that is constantly printing a one off every tjime the laptop is booted, info at the side of this stated deleting, since your actiobn recommendation it now states printing but is neither canceable or printable. Does this help?

I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.

Please DO NOT rate this Answer till your problem is solved. Any negative rating will affect my record on this website permanently.

Andy
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
If you disconnect the Lexmark from the computer does it still do this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Freddy

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok if it does the same thing even with the computer disconnected it is not related to the computer. Does it give an error message? What exactly is it printing out?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Freddie lets go back and regroup, this continual one off print occurs every time I boot up the laptop, enter my password, the screen shows the loadingg circle flashing and the computer throws out a one off copy of a typed letter that i saved as document on Office .org, the printer operating by default. we have tried to clean up the printing queue that was building but this document still remains and prevails. A question for you, it seems to me that this doc stuck in the print queue is part of the problem and therefore put this to you If the computer was given a instruction to delete this doc whilst it still remained in the print instruction mode, could that have caused the computer have thrown a wobbly leading to this problem.

If that is so, can we get rid of this doc stuck in the print queue whilst still showing to be in deleting phase?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you followed teh steps Andy gave you the document would be deleted from the que and you just said it happens when the printer is disconnected from the computer. If it is happening when disconnected it is impossible for the que to be causing it. So is it actually happening when you disconnect the printer from the computer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sorry there appears to have been a misunderstanding, this happens only when connected to the computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that can be the print Q then. Were you able to do everything that Andy postedor did you get stuck at any point?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the only thing that I was unsure of was the length of time to run the download Clean-queue, but I think I allowed sufficient time ie5 mins before testing to see if the problem had been cured, the only difference that I noticed from the printer items that are printing list was that the offending doc had changed to printing phase

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Is it ok if I remote on your computer to check better?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Go for it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please download and install teamviewer here: Click Here
When it opens it will give you a user ID and a password XXXXX need those two numbers to connect.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get this thing to open.?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
After you install it, it should ask if you want to open it. It could be on your desktop as well it will be called teamviewer. A third way is to click start and type teamviewer in the search which should bring it up. When it opens it will give you a user ID and a password XXXXX need those two numbers to connect.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ID360 773 912 P/Word ju1q36 When we have finished please advise how to get rid. By the way Freddie after about 5 hours I am beginning to feel the strain

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I am connecting now.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let me know when you are reconnected it looks like you restarted, only lets me reconnect if I do the restart.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now reconnected with you , sorry if Ijumped the gun

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please open teamviewer again so I can recoonnect it may give you a new number or password XXXXX would need those again as well.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Take your time.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.

To unsinatll the remote program click on start and then on control panel.

Click on uninstall a program and find teamviewer in the list.

Click on it and then click on the uninstall option at the top.

The problem was fixed via remote, If this ever happens again what we did was to reinstall the printer.
To do that Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

Restart the computer and reinstall the machine by going back to where you removed it and click on add printer.
When asked for a port do not choose LPT1 choose the USB0001 or 0002 option.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.