John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Im running Windows 8.1 but suddenly Google Chrome (and some

I'm running Windows 8.1 but suddenly Google Chrome (and some other programs) are being blocked from accessing the internet. My connection is fine and I'm able to use Explorer but prefer Chrome. Can someone walk me through solving the issue?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir/Ma'am when did this problem started?

Customer:

yesterday

John :

What is the error message it shows when you try to open Chrome ?

John :

Also which is the anti-virus installed in the system?

Customer:

It reads:

Customer:

Unable to Access Network

Customer:

then continues...

Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chromeis an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

Error code: ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED
John :

which is the anti-virus installed in the system?

Customer:

Norton antivirus is installed and mcafee virus scan

John :

Running multiple anti-virus sometimes causes it.What are the other programs that are blocked?

Customer:

firefox. also I tried to download a driver restore program this morning called River Restore, but it also can't access the internet. never had this problem before.

John :

OK thank you for the details.have you tried system restore ?

Customer:

no. 1) not sure how to do it 2) nervous re what might do to recent work...

Customer:

how do I know when the most recent restore point was

John :

I will guide you to do that also i can assure you none of your personal data or work will modified,it only changes system settings.

Customer:

ok thanks let's try it

John :

Before that i will explain how you can get back to this page after the system restart because during the system restore the system will restart.

Customer:

ok I was wondering about that

John :

Please bookmark/add to favoritesthis page, use that bookmark or favorites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page.If it asks for login details check justanswer welcome email in that you can find your login details. Use that login and get to my questions page there you can find this question click on it to open the chat.If this page shows loading message refresh this page couple of times and it will load normally.

John :

did you understand ? let me know

Customer:

I never use explorer... where are the favourites and bookmarks options located? Also I don't understand your remarks re the email click on... can you please clarify both? thanks

John :

You only needed to follow one of the method either using favorites or using the email.i will explain the email way.

John :

Please open your email

Customer:

OK I have the email

John :

did you see a welcome email from justanswer?

Customer:

yes I have a welcome email, a confirmation of payment email and a view your answer email

John :

open the welcome email then you can see an option to check the answer click on it

Customer:

OK because my default browser is chrome, it won't open the link

John :

ok then in the welcome email can you see your login id and password XXXXX justanswer

John :

its just below that check answer option

John :

no need to share that id and password XXXXX me

Customer:

I only have 2 options: create a password XXXXX check your answer. I didn't create an 'account' as I don't want one

Customer:

sorry I've just seen it in the fine print!!

Customer:

I have both the id and password XXXXX

John :

Good

John :

now open justanswer.com in internet explorer

Customer:

ok. done. want me to log in?

John :

use the id and password XXXXX found in fine print

Customer:

OK its says I've not asked any questions yet. do I refresh?

John :

That is strange.are you in the my questions page

Customer:

Yes and it says:

Your Recent Questions

You haven't asked any questions yet. Ask a question and talk
Full Size Image
to an Expert now.

John :

can i remote access to your PC and check it

Customer:

what does that mean re my security

John :

Remote access is used to access your PC and check the issue you are facing and fix it,its secured and also you can see what all i am doing in the PC.let me know

Customer:

ok go ahead

John :

Open this webpage https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=win&webdownload=true Download and run it then open it and click on the share in the join me program,which will show you a 9 digit id please let me know that.

Customer:

question first: does this give you access to my computer:

Customer:

1) for all materials on the computer? 2) beyond the present moment - ie later today tomorrow etc

John :

yes it will give me a one time access only

Customer:

is there another way of doing this?

John :

Sir you do not need to worry about your data or your privacy you can see what all i am doing and my only intention is to fix the issue you are facing.

Customer:

ok but though this may seem odd, can you provide me with some ID (eg. a full name)? I'm not used to being asked to give access outside - and I've been using PCs for more than 25 years

John :

no worries i will give you my id and our sites

Customer:

thanks

John :

On the bottom of site page you can see its verified by BBB and have A+ certificate

Customer:

John my concern is that you or someone else will be able to access my PC and files beyond this moment in time. Whether I can see what is happening today or not doesn't really help me - besides I've heard of things going wrong after such a procedure. I'm sure you are an excellent technician and it would be easier to do it this way BUT I'd feel better if we could go an alternative route, even if it involves a series of steps. Is that doable?

John :

I can help you through this chat page but after the restart if you cannot get back to this page then that is the problem and that is why i asked remote access.also once you remove the remote access program once i am out from your pc too.

John :

if you do not want remote access then i will tell you how to add this page to favorites but may not work properly after the restart

John :

shall i tell you how to add this chat page in favorites in internet explorer

Customer:

OK tell me how to go from favourites, but the justanswer.com page still says I've asked no questions. Is there an email address I can use to re-contact you should the site not let me into this conversation? At least then you could perhaps give me a link after the reboot. It's pretty ridiculous that I've paid for a service I may not in fact be able to use without sacrificing security

John :

Sometimes the question you asked shows up after a while.Here is our sites contact number 0808-168-0054 in case you cannot get back to this page.The remote tool i offered is only for one time connection to get connected next time you need to give another id.if you do not want the remote access then its fine i only wanted to show you how to get back if get disconnected.

John :

To add this page to favorites click on star button on the top of the internet explorer

John :

you have to do the above while you are in this page

Customer:

OK thanks john I've added it to favourites

John :

once you have added this page to favorites please let me know so that we can continue with system restore

John :

You are welcome.

Customer:

I've also made a record of our conversation remotely so that I have that for reference too.

Customer:

ready to go

John :

Good.now to open system restore press window key + R key that will open run box type rstrui and press enter

John :

let me know once the system restore window is opened

Customer:

Ok that window is open

John :

now does it show a restore date in it ?

Customer:

No. do I need to click next first?

John :

yes please

Customer:

It shows 26/05/2014 14:23:34

John :

i believe the system worked fine on that date

Customer:

yes I think it did.

John :

select that date and continue with system restore process

Customer:

Ok doing that

John :

the system will also restart the PC during the process

Customer:

yes understood. hoping for the best.

John :

Good.let me know the status after the restart

Customer:

its preparing system now

John :

Good.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Sir i have switched to Q&A mode hoping that you will get this in your email and you can use this to reply back to me.Please let me know the status after the system restore.

Sincerely

John

Note: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email immediately after i reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John, the system restore seems to have worked on the programs I've used thus far. Thanks for your assistance and helpful attitude throughout. It is appreciated. Kind regards.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Glad to know that sir.i really appreciate your co-operation and patience too.

Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.