Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I dont know how it happened, but suddenly my e-mail Inbox

Customer Question

I don't know how it happened, but suddenly my e-mail Inbox is showing literally scores of old emails from ages ago that i thought I had deleted at the time. How do I get rid of them? Is it normal to hang on to them somewhere out of sight? If so, why? I admit I often don't "delete" them as quickly as I ought.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Who is your e-mail provider (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)?
-- When you type the full address on this site, it is blocked.
-- What comes after the @ sign?

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies for my ignorance but I just click on MAIL on the Windows 8 Start screen. My address is***@******.*** How can I find the answers to your questions?

Thank you for the update, Colin.

No extra charge:
May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, our best bet would be a remote sharing session. Will you please tell me what to do?

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=42f12b06-e3b8-4ed2-b967-98327e135d63

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing seems to be happening?

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've heard of Internet Exporer but not the others.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've clicked. Does what downloads have a name? Will it run automatically or should I click on something? There are no numbers on the top of the screen as yet.

You will have to run the program after it asks you to do so. And then run it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said before, what program should I run? Does it have a name that I should click on, or maybe I should press enter, but when? Where is this program? How does the program ask me to start it? What program? Can you prepare me to do what you want?

Thank you for the update.

No extra charge:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, lets try a remote again. Will you please repeat what you want me to click on and then tell me how to identify the download and how to run it. Don't assume I will know such things - I don't!

When you are ready for the link up, please, post a message here.