Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

i am trying to set up orange mobile broadband. all it saying

Customer Question

i am trying to set up orange mobile broadband. all it saying is roaming all the time? whats happening?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

The Orange Mobile Broadband will display Roaming if it is not being used in the country it was intended for.
So, if you bought it in France, for example, and are using it in the UK, it will display Roaming.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Purchased in Aberdeen Scotland in a shop about a mile away from my house.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Heather,
If you aren't using the mobile broadband abroad, then the other reason why this would occur is if there are no Orange mobile masts nearby - in that case, your mobile broadband would connect to another wireless broadband service provider, and roaming charges would apply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My mobile phone is orange and i don't have problems with it

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Mobile phone coverage and mobile internet coverage are two different types of signal and use different masts.

You can check your Orange coverage here: http://studio.orange.co.uk/coveragechecker/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Post code is ab15 8ey

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, not sure if you have tried the coverage checker yourself or not, but it shows that you are located right at the edge of 4G coverage, so if you are trying to connect to 4G this is likely the reason why there is a problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Heather,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.