Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  6 Years Hardware Support. I break them so i can fix them
64043135

my acer mointer displays no signal with new pc it works fine

my acer monitor displays no signal with new pc it works fine with old pc new pc is imedia s ,old one packard bell windows xp

Category: Computer
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.

Waitongu2 :

Waitongu2 :

This is most likely caused by the input method selected on the monitor. It can either be VGA - the cable has blue ends or DVI the cable has white ends or HDMI the cable looks like USB cable.

Waitongu2 :

connect the acer to the new PC and turn it on. next to the power button there is a button. press it once and then give the monitor about 5 seconds. it will either flash no signal or will show the screen from the computer.

Waitongu2 :

Repeat this step 3 times if the results are the same.

Waitongu2 :

Also confirm that the cables are well connected to the right computer. I know this sounds trivial but it happens all the time.

Waitongu2 :

please let me know if this helps.

Customer:

i have tried what you suggested but still displays no signal.acec monitor model is p196hql if thats any help it has the blue end ive made sure all cables etc are tight.i feel you are right about the input is it possible to change it on the computer i was using?

Customer:

Ive solved the problem,the packard bell imedia s doesnt support the type of monitor im using(blue cable).prehaps this will help you if you come across the issue again thanks for trying to help.

Waitongu2 :

I am glad you resolved this :)