Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I cant get into my computer. I enter the password XXXXX it tells

I can't get into my computer. I enter the password ***** it tells me that 'The user profile service service failed the log in'. User profile cannot be loaded'. The password ***** not been changed. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Yvonne! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then try the option Last known good configuration if it appears, then check. If not, or if it does not work, then select then you select Safe Mode, then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can provide another solution if there is still issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Viet. It worked and also I have learned a new technique. I really need my computer to be on the ball because I teach a seminary class at 6.15am and one of my students participates on Skype so once again, thanks for helping me to get my show on the road!

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you