Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have two devices, the latest is a kindle paperwhite serial

I have two devices, the latest is a kindle paperwhite serial no. BODT2204, 3464 02TF,[email protected] and an earlier kindle serial no.BOOE 1510, 1497 19QK. I initially requested that both devices should receive the kindle books ordered online but my past two orders have only been received by the paperwhite kindle. Could you please amend the setting to ensure both devices receive the downloads when orders are placed. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me please if the books now appear.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done as instructed but have not had the two recently ordered books appear - I am still on 54 items and it should be 56

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

The kindle with the problem, it may be full (they have not as much memory as later models).

Remove three books, repeat my initial instructions and tell me if the books now appear please Terry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure how to delete books

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem

To do this Terry

Turn on your Kindle. Go to the Home screen.

Use the 5-way controller to move up and down your list of books. Find the title you want to remove from your Kindle device. Make sure it is underlined before continuing.

Press the right direction on the 5-way controller. A list of options should pop up.

Scroll down the options until you find the statement "Remove from Device."

Press the center button to choose that option. The material will be saved to your Kindle archived items.

Do this for free books, repeat the initial instructions and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have reduced the number of books to 50 but no new ones have come through

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

we will need to reset the Kindle, to rule out the firmware as the cause of the issue.

To do this, Wake your Kindle from Sleep
Go to the home screen. Press 'Home'.
Press the Menu button, scroll to Settings.
Press the 'Menu' button again, select Reset to Factory Defaults

Let this complete and when it has, the Kindle is then returned to new.

Register it again with your Amazon account, like you did when you first received it.

Then try to access the books.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cannot locate the factory default on settings. Thanks for trying but it's obviously not going to work, I will simply only use the paperwhite kindle in future.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
If you do the instructions I gave Terry, it will be there in the menu.

It is for the model you gave me.

If we can do the reset, it rules out the firmware as the issue and if it continues we would know it is a hardware fault.

I have marked this question to never close, so if you wish to return at any time, that is no problem.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard - all I appear to have done is to delete all on the original kindle and now am unable to re-access the original books on it. Not very impressed unfortunately but perhaps that's down to me.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Terry

Did you do my last instructions to reset the Kindle?

Please tell me what you actually just did.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the default position and virtually everything was deleted from the kindle. It then asked to go back on the network and when I put in my password, or what I considered it to be, it was not accepted. I do appear to have wi fi connection

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, once you register it with the correct password XXXXX the books are available.

Can you reset your password XXXXX

Click me to open

And use this new password XXXXX the Kindle.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done as instructed. However, having just requested a kindle download I find it has only been received by my paperwhite and not the original kindle. I do not wish to pursue this further and certainly do not wish to incur any additional expense. Whilst I appreciate your help I feel much of the response expected is geared to giving good reports on your endeavours. My original problem remains but I am prepared to leave it and only use my paperwhite kindle in the future.