Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

On opening my fairly new Asus laptap, the software did a scan

On opening my fairly new Asus laptap, the software did a scan to check for issues. It indicated several problems. I clicked yes to fix and left the device to it for 30 mins. When I came back to use the laptop I had a black screen. Overnight the issue is the same. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you hold the power button down for 35 seconds, then release.

Then press the power button again and it should now run correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yahoo. After worrying all night it works!! If you were in front of me I would hug you. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tina!

Good to hear :)

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service byb clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.