Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

GOOGLE CHROME HAS STOPPED WORKING I HAVE TRIED TO UNISTAL IT

GOOGLE CHROME HAS STOPPED WORKING I HAVE TRIED TO UNISTAL IT AND THEN REINSTAL WITH THE LATEST VERSION . WHEN I UNINSTAL IT SAYS CLOSE ALL CHROME PROGRAMS BUT THERE ARE NONE OPEN AND IT WON'T LET ME UNINSTAL
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you uninstall it this way please

Download the free 30 day trial of revo uninstaller from the below link

www.revouninstaller.com

Once installed, run it and uninstall Google Chrome from within this program.

Once done, restart the computer and install Google Chrome again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I down loaded revo uninstaller and it went through its run but didn't let me know it had finished - after about 15 mins so I cancelled it. I should have told you that when chrome wouldn't work I downloaded the latest version of chrome but this did not help. When I went into revoscan it was trying to unininstal the latest version of chrome. I looked through the list of programs but the old chrome was not there. What should I do

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, you need to let Revo uninstaller finish David.

But we can approach this another way possibly.

When did this problem first start?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I turned on the computer yesterday

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, close all programs.

Click start and type in

system restore

press enter

Follow the onscreen steps and perform a system restore from a date before yesterday.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if Chrome now works please David.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I close all programs how do I get back to you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You return to this webpage please David and post a message.

You also have emails from us with a link to this web page so that you can easily return.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard I went through system restore and the answer came back that they could not restore due to a file which could not be accessed, They said to disable anti virus program. I have AVG but did not know how to disable it. I went through system restore again but with same result. So I checked Chrome on my computer and for some unknown reason it worked!!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It appears to have run David, it was just giving a false message due to the Anti Virus Software. The restore looks to have completed, or it at least did the files needed for Chrome.

You will be ok now.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.