Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I just got my new kindle paper white. I am connected to my

I just got my new kindle paper white. I am connected to my WI-Fi. How do I access my 426 items I have stored?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To access your books, Tap Cloud on the Home screen,
and then tap on the item(s) you want to download to your Kindle.

If you only see one from an Author click on Author and either remove what is currently there, or enter a different author in.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pressed author but it goes back to the original 6 books

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then your sorting or filtering

By default, your content is sorted by Recent, meaning that new items and the content you’re currently reading are at the top. To change the sort option, on the Home screen tap the name of the existing sort order, located under the toolbar. You can also sort items that you have stored in the Cloud.

To filter your content by type, on the Home screen tap My Items, located under the toolbar.

Filtering options include All Items, Books, Periodicals, Docs, Collections, and Active Content.

You can also filter items that you have stored in the Cloud.

You have it filtered on that Author so you need to do my above instructions to change this Eddie.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can not locate under the toolbar. is there no way someone can talk to me. This is my 3. kindle and all thr other where ease to operate.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
We can only go via this.

But click on my link below which shows you the complete overview of the Paperwhite, as my instructions work, but this may be easier for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMdtFihe1jI

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Very interesting but it is limited to once you have selected a book.

It does not show how to change the author

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I think you have an issue with the firmware occuring.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if it displays correctly please.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pressed the restart. It went to the restart and it showes the same as before. Ican not schange the author or the title. there is no keyboard showing which lets me do that.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I dont believe you have anymore titles, as my instructions I gave tell you how to do this.

How do you know you have more books?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wen I press Cloud it shows My Itens (441). 400 where stored in the storage inmy old kindle and 41 books I have not read when my old kindle broke down.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, we will reset the Kindle

To do this, From the Home Screen select: MENU / SETTINGS / HIT MENU AGAIN WHEN IN SETTINGS / RESET DEVICE

Then setup the Kindle again and when you have, tell me if you can now access your books

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard, I am sorry. I am a 70 years old man and I shoud have tryed this before. I just discoverd when I press author and I swipe the sceen it shows all the authores in a group of 6. the same with the titles. Your help was very much appreciated.

Eddie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, then you were in a completely different screen.

But I understand it can be hard over text messages, at least you found out a lot more about the Kindle now.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.