Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Youview Box seems to have suddenly stopped connecting to

My Youview Box seems to have suddenly stopped connecting to my broadband. All the other equipment in my house that uses broadband is working ok. I've tried testing all the plugs, taking them out and replacing them. The Grey Broadband connection into the back of the Humax Youview box has 2 small lights - one green and one flashing amber if that's any help.
colleen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Amber does indicate and issue.

Can you disconnect all other devices from your network so only the Youview is connected.

then test and tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't be sure a computer in the flat upstairs isn't connected. The only way is to switch the router off and switch it on again. Ok

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Colleen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok - I disconnected the router and reconnected it. The XXXXX XXXXXght is still flashing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Colleen

It is the internal network card that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out, we also ruled out conflicting devices.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what do I do now? Will they accept my word that their equipment is faulty or do I quote a reference from you? How does this work?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They will see the b ox themselves Colleen, and when they do they see straight away it is faulty.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So do I have to post the box back to them or will they come and collect it?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will need to first call them, they will request you post it Colleen, then when they receive it and see the issue, they send the replacement back to you.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks to that.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Colleen

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the Smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.