Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I think my pc or my skype account or email is been tracked

I think my pc or my skype account or email is been tracked or hacked. is there any way to find out if this is happening?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which email service you are using? eg: Hotmail, Gmail ect?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

outlook account for email, skype also

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

you can check the recent Activity here Paul

Click me to open

This will show you all activity that occurred on the email account in the last 30 days, so you can see if someone else has been signing into your account.

For Skype though, this is not possible sorry.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea the outlook account was ok but the issue i was having is related to obtaining my list of skype contacts...

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, what is the question so I am clear Paul

As you indicated you wanted to find out if someone is accessing your email and skype account which I just responded to.

Where you able to read my last message?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have a number of contacts on my email who are also on my skype and an ex partner has found out all these names so i am taking it that it was a hack of somesort into my email or skype. the access record for my outlook looks ok and i dont know how could be accessing skype so i am wonderin for any suggestions on how this could be happening

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The only way would be if they had your password.

I would change this which is going to stop them accessing it.

But try not to use "real" words.

Example, if it is ilovepizza then use 1l0v3pizz@

This makes it near impossible to hack, unless you give it to them.

But only with the password XXXXX they gain access.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have previously done that....and changed my account name on skype....the only thing i forgot to mention is that previously (before i changed my account) she was using my pc for her own use also...so is there anything that could be on my pc to let her access these things?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not on your PC itself, as the password XXXXX cannot view.

This would not help her with it Paul

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok...well ill just have to struggle on then...thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Make the password XXXXX Paul, that is the best protection as they have to have this in order to access your account, its the only way.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, by clicking one of the below smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry