Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have set a password ***** lock the password ***** now cannot remember

I have set a password ***** lock the password ***** now cannot remember the exact spelling and I have tried more than 20 times. How can I unlock the screen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  AAATom replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I would like to help you reset your Mac password.

Can you, please, tell me which OS X version do you have?
Also, can you tell me is your account the administrator account (i.e. do you know the password ***** the administrator account)?

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was not sufficiently clear in my question. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and I decided to put a password ***** it to lock the screen. But obviously what I typed in was not what I thought I typed in. So the phone is blocked! But this is not a SIM card question. It's only the lock screen set by myself.
Expert:  AAATom replied 2 years ago.
Hello Philip,

thank you for clarifying this.

Can you tell me which version of the Galaxy phone do you have?
There is a way to bypass the screen lock on S2 and S3 but on newer phones you will have to do a factory reset, I'm afraid.

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone is G385F .
Expert:  AAATom replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry Philip, but I am not familiar with this phone.

I will opt out of the question what will open it to other experts.
There may be experts who are familiar with your phone.

Thank you and good luck,
Tom
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. After entering the wrong passwords for a few times, does it give you the option to enter your google / gmail account?

Can you please remove the battery from the phone, then check if there is any other model besides G385F ?

Do you see the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons on the phone?

Does your phone look similar like the ones in the image below?

Is it okay to reset the phone and start over?

Edit: Please let me know if you still need help with this. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is ok to reset the phone and start over if I knew how. The model indicated in the info behind the battery is as I have said SM-G386F. On the box it says Galaxy Core.

Thank you for replying back. Please try:

1.Power off your phone (press & hold the power on/off button for about ten seconds until it powers off.)
2.Press at the same time the 3 buttons: volume up button + home + power until the phone vibrates or until a menu appears.
(Note: the Home button is located right below the screen.)
3.Use the volume up/down buttons to select the option "wipe data/factory reset" and then press the Power button
4.Choose "yes" with volume buttons and select it with power button
5.Wait until format is complete
6.Select "reboot"
7.Wait until the phone restarts, then it will let you set up the phone fresh.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.