Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

forgotten password

forgotten password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trying Justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Your questions only says "forgotten password" , can you please provide me more details about the issue such as what you have forgotten the password ***** is it an email account or some other website?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im trying to register a new kindle and it asks for my email address and password, I don't know if its the one for my current account with them or my email I know my one with yahoo but it doesn't work. I already have a kindle and have now got one for my wife but we'll use the same account as were both pensioners and just a little thick about computors etc

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok the email address and pasword it is asking for is for your amazon account.

Please read through the instructions before trying them so you understand what needs to be done.

You most likely have one of these assuming you purchased it from amazon.

What will happen is it will register the kindle to your amazon account and you can manage the kindle through the amazon website and do things like purchase books on the amazon website and send them directly to the kindle.

So which ever email address and password ***** use to log into amazon is what you need to put in there.

You are probablu just entering the wrong information. Make sure you can log into amazon.co.uk on your computer and then use that same information on the kindle.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately have togo out till late tonight but will follow up pm tomorrow

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
No problem, just send a message if you need more help tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ref my trying to register my kindle.

bought it from argos, it has no instructions with it other than that which in the kindle itself. as I said I cannot remember my password ***** amazon and my other kindle automatically links me to amazon for book purchases so I have never used passwords since I first purchased it.

I'm sorry I'm such a dinosaur, but at 76 its quite difficult to do things like this. I suppose the quickest answer is to change the password ***** my original kindle? But I don't even know how to set about that. I just want to bring my wife into using a kindle too.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Please don't apologize, it is confusing when you have never done it before.

Here is what you need to do next.

1. Click HERE

2. Enter the email address that you used for your amazon account and the letters shown in the box below and click continue.

This will take you through the password ***** procedure.

Once you have reset your password ***** registering the kidndle again.

If you need anymore help please reply to me and let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks successfully changed password

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Excellent job.

If you have any more trouble let me know.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris