Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have a Desktop PC with Windows 7. I want to donate it to

I have a Desktop PC with Windows 7. I want to donate it to an organisation but before doing so I want to restore all the factory settings. I can see that I can do this via Control Panel. However, since I bought the PC, I have upgraded the memory from 3 Gb to 8 Gb. Does that mean that restoring it to factory settings will have a problem (because the factory hardware configuration was 3Gb, not 8)?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The amount of memory will not change anything when restoring it should still work fine.

The only problem you may have is if you are using 32bit windows rather than 64bit the machine will only read a maximum of 4GB (it would show as 3.5-3.7GB).
To check which you have click on start then right click on computer and click properties, the window that opens will say which you have.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.