Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Hi, I was bought a JVC 42 inch LED TV for my birthday in April.

Hi, I was bought a JVC 42 inch LED TV for my birthday in April. The other evening, I turned it off with the remote, only to find that the following morning there was sound but no picture. I have tried turning it off at the mains and leaving it, I have removed the cables from the bac, but there is still no picture. Please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you.
This sounds like the video input either has a bad cable or the wrong input is selected on the tv. Try changing the video input on the tv with the remote. Look on the back of the tv and see which number the digital box is connected to, then make sure that input is selected on the tv. If the right input is selected then try a new cable from the digital box to the tv.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your response. I've tried working with the cables and still no luck. The sound is fine and there appears to be flickering behind but it is so dark you cannot see anything.

The control is changing the channels but, as you can't see anything on the screen, I don't know what is being displayed.

That sounds just like a bad cable. If it isn't then the input board on the tv has failed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What cable(s) do I need to replace? I have a SCART and another.