Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my hard drive became damaged when shock stopped the hard drive

my hard drive became damaged when shock stopped the hard drive from working.It now only clicks when switched on.
I would like to retrieve some information from the drive.
I made an attempt to retrieve by transferring the disk into another drive, but that never worked,all that happened was it started clicking again.
Is there a tool that could be used to get it working again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You would need to open the hard drive in a sterile dust free room and use a special scanner to read the hard disk plates to get the data from it. This equipment if very expensive, but needed else the drive will be wiped. There are a number of companies that provide this service.

You are best to use Kroll OnTrack

Contact them via my link below and you can then get a pricing for recovering the data from the hard drive

Click me to open

this will provide you the best chance to get your data back from the hard drive.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.