Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

computer packard bell IMEDD3318 E2220 VISTA switches off

computer packard bell IMEDD3318 E2220 VISTA switches off after few seconds monitor blank after saying repair
WHAT DO I DO?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

What is the exact error message that you get before your monitor goes blank?

JoelK :

You can repeat the error by switching the computer off and waiting a few seconds and then turning it on again and watching the monitor carefully to see if you can read the error message.

Customer:

computer now does not reach error message stage shuts down after displaying packard bell screen

JoelK :

Okay. This is what you need to do: Immediately after turning on the computer, begin continuously depressing the F8 key. This will display a menu that will allow you to boot the computer in safe mode.

JoelK :

Also, I need to know what you were doing when the computer last worked. Was the computer working before this error condition occurred?

Customer:

yes was on internet

JoelK :

You may have picked up a virus if you were downloading an infected file. Do you know if you have virus protection enabled on your computer?

JoelK :

Are you still there??

Customer:

yes norton360 screen blank after pressing f8

JoelK :

You have to press F8 at the right time. It works best if you continually press and release the F8 key while restarting the computer.

If you cannot get your computer to boot into safe mode, you have experienced a hardware failure, and it will be impossible to perform a software recovery to a previous working condition.

Your Windows Vista operating system is quite outdated, and your computer hardware is not up to existing performance standards. It is time to replace your computer.

I hope that this information helps you to come to a successful resolution to your problem. If you are satisfied with my service, please be sure to give me a good or excellent rating.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service.

David-

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service, and I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If any problems arise in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

Joel