Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

hello i have a new kindle paperwhite. I cannot sync it with

Customer Question

hello
i have a new kindle paperwhite. I cannot sync it with my old kindle, what do i have to do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Did you register your Kindle Paperwhite?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, i have registered it in my name, because my wife had bought it on her account! i think she had to deregister it first. I do have an old kindle which i was hoping to down load all my books from.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are right. To sync and use the same books on both Kindle devices you have to register it with the same Amazon account. For example: if old Kindle is registered on your wife's account you will have to register Kindle Paperwhite with the same/your wife's account.

Amazon allows up to 6 devices to be registered with the same account.

To deregister Paperwhite please follow the steps below:
1. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Registration.
3. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister.

Be sure that Kindle is connected to wifi internet. When done, register it with the same Amazon account you have on old Kindle.

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Registration.

After registration sync your device and all books will be automatically transfered. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync & Check for Items.

After registration, you can transfer only specific books manually using procedure below (be sure that your Kindle is registered and connected to wifi).

1. Go to the link below (use your Amazon username and password to log in) - click here
After log in you will be prompted with the "Manage Your Content & Devices" page (check the picture below)

2. Find the book you want to transfer to new Kindle and select it.

3. On the left side, click on "Actions" and select "Deliver".
4. Find you new Kindle on the list and select it. Confirm using yellow "Deliver" button.
5. On new Kindle, from Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap "Sync & Check for Items".

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for all that information. at the time of my old kindle i had a stroke, now i am not sure if my wife bought it on her account, if so, is there anyway we can find out, its been about 3 years?

You're welcome Philip.

Do you know what is the model of old Kindle, so I can provide you with instruction how to check registration status for that Kindle?

Also, if you know her Amazon account information you can check all registered devices on that account directly at Amazon.co.uk

1. Open the webpage below - click here
2. Log in using her Amazon account information
3. Tap the "Your Devices" option. There you will be able to find info about all registered devices.

Let me know if you need more information. I'll be waiting for your reply and happy to provide you with more help if needed.

Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, there is nothing on my wife's account, not even her kindle fire which she purchased last year. I don"t remember what my kindle was called. it had a little keyboard on the bottom of it, and it was out 2009-2010, sorry i cannot give you any more info!

To check registration status on Kindle Keyboard follow the steps below:
From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration. There you will find email registered on old Kindle.

When you find it, use procedure above to log into Amazon with that account. Check for the old Kindle on the list. If yes, deregister and register your new Kindle with that account and use instruction from my first answer to transfer all books.

I'll be waiting for your reply, so please don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, I will give it a go!

You're welcome Philip. I'm glad if I could help.

I'll be online, so feel free to contact me if you need more help or information.

Kind Regards,
Todd