Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

not a query with my computer but email settings on a new

Customer Question

not a query with my computer but email settings on a new iPhone
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

To be clear this is your Iphone

you can recive Email no Problem but not send ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct. My iPad and mac do not have the same problem.

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Perfect

can you tell me what you have for the Outgoing Server and port and security

Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Tap the Mail account
locate the Outgoing Mail Server section and tap the existing SMTP entry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

smtp.outlook.com

server port 587

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
problem still unresolved
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the model of your iPhone?

What is the version of iOS on your phone? (on your phone open Settings > General > About > Version)

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iphone 5s version 7.1.1(11D201)

Thank you for your reply.

On your iPhone, please check the email settings and correct it if needed.

1. Open Settings
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. In Outgoing Mail Server section change your current SMTP to "smtp.office365.com" (without quotes). Server port is 587.
4. Test your phone.

If that doesn't help please delete your email account and use the procedure below to set it up.

1. Select Settings.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Other.
5. Tap Add Mail Account.
6. Put the name you want people to see when they get mail from you in the Name field.
7. Enter your BT Business username in the Address field. For example, your email [email protected] or [email protected]
8. Enter your BT Business password in the Password field.
9. In the Description field enter the name you want to use to identify the account.
10. Tap Next. If you get an error message at this point, tap OK.
11. Make sure that POP is selected at the top of the screen.
12. In the Incoming Mail Server section, change the Host Name to outlook.office365.com
13. Enter 995 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
14. Select Outgoing Mail Server section and change the Host Name to smtp.office365.com
15. Enter 587 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
16. Tap Save.
Your settings will now be verified. If not, simply tap btconnect account to access your email.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done all that

still can't send says username or password is incorrect

That's strange.

Can you please change the settings for POP and SMTP with the settings below:
- In the Incoming Mail Server section, change the Host Name to mail.btinternet.com. Port: 995
- For Outgoing Mail Server section change the Host Name to mail.btinternet.com
Port: 465

Test your phone and let me know if that works please. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happens just verifying

then say mail.btinternet.com is incorrect.

should it be mail.btconnect.com?

Let's check this option on your phone please:

When you open your BT account on iPhone, tap "OUTGOING MAIL SERVER". On the next screen tap "PRIMARY SERVER" and be sure that your user name (full email address) and password are entered (Use SSL option needs to be turned on).

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all checked still cannot send mail

why can my iPad send mail on the btconnect.com account?

i have tried those settings on the iPhone but same result can't send mail.

this is very baffling. inhale 450 incoming messages every time i change something another 150 come in

That's really strange. iPad and iPhone use the same email settings. There must be something wrong.

Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas what could be the problem. Let me open your question, so other Professional can try to assist you. As soon as another Professional is available he will contact you. You will receive an email notification when an Professional replies to you.

Thanks for using our service!

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks for trying anyway

You're welcome. I'm very sorry because I did not solve your problem. I gave my best to find a solution, but sometimes it is very difficult to find it.

All the best,
Todd