Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just purchased a linkstation duo - there are three of

Customer Question

I have just purchased a linkstation duo - there are three of us in the company but only two people will be using it. As it is plugged in to the wifi for two to share we need to put a password ***** it so the other person cannot see it - or is there another way around it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You can create security Groups so that access can be retricted by also using shared folders

To do this, please review the manual on my link below and go to page 32

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c85091/LinkStation_Pro_Duo_Manual_web.pdf

This will step you through how to secure content for users, so that you can specify which users can see and edit the folders on the device.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for that - so is there any way we can put extra password in as its on wifi so that the outside world have less chance of seeing the disk and contents

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes, thats the instructions I gave Linda.

On Page 32 of the manual I gave you see how to apply security to folders so that they can only be viewed if the meet the security requirements.

This was the manual I gave

Let me know if you have any difficulties please