Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

For some reason my email address *****@******.*** is

For some reason my email address *****@******.*** is being prefixed with the letters dav and because of this people do not open emails as they do not know who is dav can you help I am worried that some one has hacked into my laptop. Ann Pattison
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which email service you are using? eg: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail?

And how do you access it? Via your web browser or a program?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use the aol web browser as set up on my laptop, Ann

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

In AOL, In the upper right, above your mailbox, click Options and then click Mail Settings.

In the left panel, click Compose.

In the box next to 'Display Name', enter the name that you'd like people to see when you send them mail.

This will then correct it.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will i beable to get back to you if this does not work?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Of course Ann, the questions here never close, so this is no problem.

But do the instructions exactly as I indicated and you can correct the display name

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.