Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My computer wont connect to two specific websites- even thought

Customer Question

My computer wont connect to two specific websites- even thought they have connected before, Ive restarted, changed browser, cleared cache from every browser used, flushed dns, nothings worked- be grateful for any suggestions. thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please>

Select Control Panel from the Menu.

find control panel

Click the System icon to proceed.

system and security icon

When System and Security is selected from the Control Panel view, select Security.

Click Device Manager from the left hand menu list.

device manager

The Device Manager will display all installed and “found” hardware on the computer.

Find the Network Adapters Category and click the "+" to the left.

click on network adapters

The Network Interface Controller(NIC) will be listed if installed. Right click the adapter used, select Properties

right-click network adapter

Navigate to the Driver tab in the NIC Properties.

driver details tab

Selecting the Uninstall button will remove the existing driver from the device manger.

Confirm the Uninstall.

select uninstall

Reboot the computer and reconnect to the internet and try the web sites again please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi- thanks this didn't work- the site works on other computers and on my own mobile but not this computer I'm working on now-Brendan

try this next please>
1.
Open the Control Panel (Icons View)

2. Click/tap on the Windows Firewall icon.

3. Click/tap on the Turn Windows Firewall off link in the left pane. (See screenshot below)
Windows Firewall - Turn On or Off-windows_firewall.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've Mcafee in place I've trield clicking on these but I cant access them-presumably without turning mcafee off? B

Try this please>>McAfee firewall - firewall setting - Turn Off - select time frame - Done

McAfee Real time scanning - Real time scanning setting's - Turn off - select time frame - Done

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks done that tried to load websites- still nothing-thanks B

okay, it may be something in your start up menu. Try this next please>

GO TO START MENU>

TYPE MSCONFIG IN SEARCH BOX>

CLICK ENTER>

IN THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATION BOX SELECT STARTUP>

THEN SELECT DISABLE ALL>

THEN SELECT APPLY>

CLOSE THE BOX BY CLICKING ON THE RED X>

<RESTART COMPUTER>

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi randy- thanks for this- done and still no change-regards Brendan

Try a system restore next please. Choose a restore point from a time when you could access the two sites.
Open System Restore by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.  
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried the system restore and it knocked out my office applications all of them- have been on the phone to the philipines for an hour and trying to get my office apps back. Had to change the restore date to 12 June and websites wont work there- will work on the 6th but none of my office apps will- any suggestions? regards- Brendan

That indicates there must be a recent program that was installed that is blocking the web sites. A web program,some type of software or something downloaded after the restore point that works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi- thanks- I have taken of all programmes installed since 5th June- just three- , have restarted, cleared cache and no luck. I have removed the websites from the VPS and left just the cgi bin. The cgi bin loads. I have put up two new websites onto the server via cpanel and they don't show either on my computer but do on others including my mobile. Other websites are still accessible but not the two I need. so it is my computer and not the server but what can it be? regards Brendan

There has to be something that changed after the June 6th restore point, it is normally a software or program installed or downloaded. There is another method to try with the system config. GO TO START MENU>

TYPE MSCONFIG IN SEARCH BOX>

CLICK ENTER>

IN THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATION BOX SELECT SERVICES >

>THEN UNCHECK 6 BOXES AT A TIME AND RESTART THE COMPUTER. tHEN CHECK AFTER EACH RESTART AND SEE IF THE WEBSITES WORK, IF NO CHANGE RECHECK AND DO 6 MORE. IF IT WORKS AFTER YOU UNCHECK 6 BOXES, THEN NARROW IT DOWN TO THE SERVICE THAT IS STOPPING THE CONNECTION.