Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

As a 89 year old pensioner I rely on messaging

Customer Question

As a 89 year old pensioner I rely on messaging to keep in touch with my family. My problem is:- I can't pair my new Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S 6810P with my HP Pavilion Slimline using bluetooth. My pc is bluetooth enabled.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question!

Do you get any error when trying to pair the phone with the PC, or does the PC not show up in the list of Bluetooth-enabled devices itself?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I try to pair my mobile shows my pc in available devices.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pc shows up in the available devices om my pc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The mobile shows my pc in available devices

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

You say that your mobile device shows your pc on its available Bluetooth enabled devices list. Let's look at it from the pc. Does your pc show your smartphone on its available list?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No my pc does not show my smartphone on its available list

If the Bluetooth on your phone is turned on and it does not show up on your pc as an available Bluetooth device, I regret to have to tell you this, but they are not compatible with each other.

You can connect your phone and your computer through a local area network if you have a wireless router, or wifi. I can show you how to do this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your replies.

Yes please, show me how to connect my phone and computer through a local area network.I have a wireless router and wifi.

Great! I assume that your computer is already connected to the Internet. If it is connected wirelessly, then you already have a wireless SSID and passcode.

Look for a wireless icon in your taskbar in the lower right-hand corner of your monitor screen. Click on that with your mouse, and it should show the name of your network and your connection status.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't find a wireless icon on my taskbar but found it in control panel

Okay, good work. Does it show the name, and is it connected?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only name I can find is "Home Network"

How is your computer connected to the Internet now? Is there an Ethernet cable between the computer and the router, or is it connected wirelessly?
If you see a link that says "Connect to a network", click on that and select "Wireless network". Then follow the prompts.

Perhaps it would be easier to do this if I were to operate your computer remotely, via a remote desktop connection, so that I can configure your wireless network for you.

I will make this as simple as I can. I apologize if I have confused you. Do you still want my assistance?
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Here is an application that I have used for years: http://www.mysms.com/

The application above is fantastic because you don't have to sync the phone with the phone via bluetooth, a cable, or anything. It links up via the Internet.

You can send and receive phone messages via your computer and the computer keyboard.

They layout of the program looks like any other instant messenger program.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason