Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My wife had only one kindle (B0D4 2204 3453 052G) She has

My wife had only one kindle (B0D4 2204 3453 052G)
She has now been given another which seems to not have been registered.
I am now trying to set it up and trying to link the two kindle's
I have entered the email '*****@******.***, but do not know the password! I know the pass code, but nothing else.
Once set up I wish to link to the books that I purchased for her.

Any help or advice that you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Peter Stevens
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

let me know when you are ready.

Customer: Ready
Michelle :

you are not able to login to the email account which is the registered email to your first kindle.

Customer: no! I can get into the account. The problem lies in the other things that I listed
Michelle :

try these steps and let me know if you find any problem

Michelle :

Turn your second Kindle on and press the "Home" button.

Customer: I should have said that I can get into her account from her first Kindle and using my computer
Customer: have done so
Michelle :

try the steps i am posting now on the second kindle

Michelle :

1. Turn your second Kindle on and press the "Home" button.

Michelle :

2. Press the "Menu" button and select "Settings."

Michelle :

3. Select "Deregister," followed by the "Deregister" button in the dialog box that appears. The second Kindle is unlinked from the Amazon.com account it is currently registered to

Michelle :

4. Press the "Menu" button and select "Register."

Michelle :

5. Enter the email address and password ***** the Amazon.com account used by your first Kindle device, and then click the "Register" button

Michelle :

6. Launch the Web browser on your computer and navigate to the Amazon.com homepage. Click the "Sign In" button and enter the same email address and password ***** to register your second Kindle. You are logged in to your Amazon.com account.

Michelle :

7. Click the "Manage Your Kindle" button in the "Kindle Support" section. The settings section for your Kindle devices is displayed.

Michelle :

8. Click the "Personal Document Settings" link in the "Your Kindle Account" menu.

Customer: www.amazon.co.uk
Michelle :

yes thats is correct

Michelle :

your amazon account

Michelle :

9. Click the "Edit" link to the right of your second Kindle's name in the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings" section. Change the "@kindle.com" email address to match that of your first Kindle and click the "Update" button. Your second Kindle is now registered to the same email addresses as your first Kindle.

Customer: *****@******.***
Michelle :

follow the steps 1 to 9 and let me know if you find any problem

Customer: Ok. But the list steps have not appeared yet
Michelle :

let me know on which step you need help

Customer: I have not received the list of steps yet! When I do I shall try them
Michelle :

Michelle :

Michelle :

did you get the steps now

Customer: No
Michelle :

steps 1 to 9 i have just posted

Customer: where?
Michelle :

i can change the chat session to email session if you are not able to view my given steps

Michelle :

check justanswer email

Customer: I am using an IPad belonging to my son so email is not an option
Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

step 1. Turn your second Kindle on and press the "Home" button.

Michelle :

did you get the step 1 now

Customer: yes
Michelle :

step 2. Press the "Menu" button and select "Settings."

Michelle :

please confirm as i have to post upto 9 steps

Customer: step 2done
Michelle :

step 3. Select "Deregister," followed by the "Deregister" button in the dialog box that appears. The second Kindle is unlinked from the Amazon.com account it is currently registered to

Michelle :

Step 4. Press the "Menu" button and select "Register."

Michelle :

Step 5. Enter the email address and password ***** the Amazon.com account used by your first Kindle device, and then click the "Register" button

Michelle :

Step 6. Launch the Web browser on your computer and navigate to the Amazon.com homepage. Click the "Sign In" button and enter the same email address and password ***** to register your second Kindle. You are logged in to your Amazon.com account.

Michelle :

did you get upto step 6

Michelle :

Step 7. Click the "Manage Your Kindle" button in the "Kindle Support" section. The settings section for your Kindle devices is displayed.

Michelle :

Step 8. Click the "Personal Document Settings" link in the "Your Kindle Account" menu.

Step 9. Click the "Edit" link to the right of your second Kindle's name in the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings" section. Change the "@kindle.com" email address to match that of your first Kindle and click the "Update" button. Your second Kindle is now registered to the same email addresses as your first Kindle.

Michelle :

I hope you got all the steps now

Customer: I am sorry but I am severly
Customer: disabled. I will try to print your comments, have a rest, and then try to follow your instructions
Michelle :

i am sorry about that. Please take all you time and follow the steps.

Michelle :

Please remember rating is only required when we are finished working on the issue and use the reply to expert button to continue the conversation further.

Customer: This is supposed to be a free trial - it is not your fault and I appreciate what you have tried to do for me -I assume that there is no charge. If you leave me your email address I will let you know the outcome.
Michelle :

email is already there to your registered email.

Customer: Thank you very much, Peter
Michelle :

If you are a trial member or a subscription please dont forget to rate my service by clicking on the smiley below.

Michelle :

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have sent a response
Thank you once again - I was not a very good client for which I appreciate your patience and understand.
Peter