Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Unable to access any emails because we are asked for a security

Unable to access any emails because we are asked for a security code using an alternative email address. We have no alternative email address. Also the attached help notes relate to windows 8.1 which we do not have
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

When you set up the email account, you normally setup an Alternative email address to be contacted on in the event of this problem.

If you did not set one, did you specify your Mobile Phone number when creating the account?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not aware that I set up an alternative email address or provided a telephone number. This is my problem as without this information I cannot access any other screen. I thought I was contacting someone from Microsoft who could advise me how to solve this problem

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Microsoft provide no live support for this service Christine, but I will help you with this

You will need to reset your password ***** the account recovery form.

This form will ask you a series of questions about your account, so answer these as accurately and detailed as possible to stand the best chance of recovery.

The form you access via my link below.

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

Once completed, you will either be given the chance to reset your password, or they will manually review your request and communicate with you on the contact email address you give on that form.

Let me know the results please