Cory
Cory, Computer Technician
Experience:  Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years
8685120

I have a basic kindle three years old, containing 310 books,

I have a basic kindle three years old, containing 310 books, if it ever broke and I had to buy a kindle white for example, would I lose all its contents, or could they be transferred into the new Kindle?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory.

That is a good question!

If your Kindle ever broke and you had to replace it (hopefully not!), once you registered your new Kindle with the same email address and password, it will download all of your books and other content from the Kindle cloud.

In short: No, you will not lose your books if your Kindle was to malfunction and it had to be replaced.

If you have any more questions about it, please let me know.

Thanks for your question!

Please remember to rate my answer below, if you have the information you are seeking.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, that is very reassuring as after all they have cost a lot of money over the first three years.

Thanks again Alwyn.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Alwyn,

Your welcome!

I am glad I am able to rid you of your worries. I understand that a lot of purchases can add up and no one wants to think they can lose that money.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

If you have all of the information you need, please rate my answer below.