Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

How do I download scanner drivers for MFC J4710DW to work with

How do I download scanner drivers for MFC J4710DW to work with Windows 7 o/s?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows 7 32bit or 64bit? You can check it by going to Start button (circular window logo button) and then right click on Computer then click Properties.

Also, is this Brother all-in-one device connected to your computer through a USB cable or wireless?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jess,

Windows is 64 bit.

Connected with wired ethernet Lan as part of home network. Works the printer, but not the scanner.

Computer is Toshiba Qosmio.

Thanks for the very clear instruction so far!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing back with that informaiton and I am very sorry for the late reply.

Yes, your brother all in one device is capable for USB connection, LAN and wireless. And you are using LAN.

Now,do you remember installing MFL-Pro Suite from the CD and then you selected LAN in the install Wizard?

I believe you have already installed your scanner software. Please do this network check in your printer:
  1. On your machine's control panel, press the icon/button that looks like a wrench and a screw driver
  2. Press All Settings
  3. Press Network
  4. Swipe up or down or press the up or down arrow button to display Network I/F
  5. Press Wired LAN
  6. Press the Home button.

Then test your device if it scans this time.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried that - get a message that the scanner is not connected (must be as it prints via the LAN from the computer)
Error code WA003-0100 comes up telling me to turn of the device then turn it back on again. Have done that several time to no avail.
Paper port cannot find the scanner on its wizard - and the scanner is not appearing as such in devices list, although fax and printer are there. Do hope you can come up with something as I'm really frustrated and Brother are not talking despite a couple of e-mails.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ian,

Thank you for writing back. Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in troubleshooting your LAN printer?

Please let me know so that I can give you the steps for me to remote in.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess

I have cut my losses and wired through USB. The machine works that way, although the Nuance programme (which I'd like to use!) still cannot pick up the scanner via it's Wizard.

When I get moment, I will uninstall and reset everything, then reinstall to see if that works, but my time is very linited at the moment as I need to use the scanner and I've no time to mess about with it an longer. Please remain available as I may ask you to remotely check everything.

Thanks for keeping it on the boil.Ian

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, you can readily contact me here in this page any time as I am notified through email every time you post a reply here.

I highly recommend not resetting your computer just to solve this problem as this can just be an issue with your printer installation or printer network settings. Resetting everything requires a lot of works to reload everything that you already have especially the files and programs that you have installed in your computer.

I suggest I can remote in before you decide to reset everything so that I can help you troubleshoot the printer installation issues and also with the proper network settings of the printer itself.

Best regards,
Jess