John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

i have been givven a dell D610 and i am unable to get my printer

i have been givven a dell D610 and i am unable to get my printer which is a HP color laser jet CP1515n to work on it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir/Ma'am did this printer used to work with other PC?

Customer:

yes perfectly

John :

Is this printer connected to the dell laptop using usb cable ?

Customer:

yes.

John :

Are you currently chatting to me from this dell laptop ?

Customer:

yes

John :

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

yes

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Before i do that i need to know the web browser you are using to chat with me because the screen share tool works better on Internet explorer. Which one is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other?

Customer:

well i am not sue but i thoght it was google would that be correct altho chrome is on this laptop

John :

OK in that case i will give you Team-viewer for remote support,one moment please

John :

Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i think i hve done something wro ng ! for security reasons it wouldn't let me open andi clicked it and now when go onthe link it asks if i want to download it - sosorry

John :

Its just a warning message regarding the file,its a totally safe file so you can click on yes or continue to download the file and then open it

Customer:

ok give it another go do i run it or save it ?

John :

run it please

John :

when you send me the id from the team viewer put space in-between like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Customer:

ID 510 542 384 password ***** but window has closed !

John :

you need to keep the window opened let me see it its still active one moment

John :

sir it seems like its asking for permission to access in your PC please click on yes or continue

Customer:

oh its asking if you are trustworthy just alittle worried but havedoneit now

John :

No need to worry about the trust worthy its totally safe.i am in the pc now

John :

It seems like i got disconnected from remote session so please check the printer after restart and please let me know the status

Customer:

Hi John Thank you so much its working ! Brilliant !

Customer:

Se

John :

Glad to know that.Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

i will definitely do that and you have a great God Blessed Day too x you've made my day thats for certain x

Customer:

sue