Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hello - my grandson has access to my Kindle through the Free

Hello - my grandson has access to my Kindle through the Free Time program. I have now found that I am locked out but I don't recall setting a parental control password. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which model Kindle you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Lorraine.

You have to reset the Kindle in order to remove the controls. Its the only way, and will remove all your content and return it to new.

Once you register it again like when you first received it, your purchases will be available for download without having to purchase them a second time (as they are linked to your Amazon Account).

To reset, enter in the password###-##-####

This will then initiate the reset, remove the parental lock.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't use the Reset device

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Lorraine, I don't understand your last message.

Did you do the instructions I asked? Were did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot access settings to Reset Device. How can I do that?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You dont need to.

As per my instructions, when it is asking for the password ***** enter
###-##-####

This initiates the reset

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried 3 times to get it to re - set but when I turn it on after holding the stop button it just goes back to the same page

You

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it cannot be parental controls.

What do you exactly see on the screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

C's free time shows 5 items =each one shows pending when touched. The Exit free time bar goes into Parental controls when touched and asks for the password.. If I press to get out of this page it returns to the My Items page.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now when it asks for the password ***** you enter in
###-##-####

Like on this film

Click me to view

This is how you remove it Lorraine.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So sorry not to have got back to you sooner but had a non Kindle problem. Everything is working fine now and thanks for your help and patience. I am not an IT person but you made it easy for me.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Lorraine, and no problem at all.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry