John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

anno1701 a.d.loads but will not run on win 7 prof, i have picked

anno1701 a.d.loads but will not run on win 7 prof, i have picked up on copy protection prob. is there a solution.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am is this anno1701 ad the game ?

Customer:

yes

John :

Its not actually compatible with windows 7 PC but we can try some steps to see if it can be fixed

Customer:

ok

John :

Is it showing "copy protection drivers" error message when you try to run it?

Customer:

no nothing happens at all after double click on icon

John :

In the question you mentioned that you have picked up on copy protection problem that is why i asked?

Customer:

i put the question on google. the reply was the copy protection stops it working on some computers.

John :

OH OK

John :

so when you try to play it.it wont show anything not even a error message am i correct

Customer:

yes

John :

OK is your windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit ?

Customer:

64 pro

John :

there is a driver protection issue fix available we can try that first before that i will explain how to get back to this page if you need to restart the PC after the fix is applied

Customer:

ok

John :

Please bookmark/add to favoritesthis page, use that bookmark or favorites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page.If it asks for login details check justanswer welcome email in that you can find your login details. Use that login and get to my questions page there you can find this question click on it to open the chat.

John :

did you understand how to get back to this page?

Customer:

yes moved logo to fav bar, if not goto email.

John :

yes correct.now i will give you a file to download please download and install in the PC

John :

please click on this link http://tinyurl.com/33xo5hu download and save it,then install it

John :

if it asks for a restart after the installation please do so and come back to this chat page

Customer:

tage drivers installed and running message

John :

what is the message its showing ?

Customer:

that was the message

John :

you mean its showing that the driver had been installed successfully ?

Customer:

yes and running

John :

You mean the game is running fine now?

Customer:

no tage is running ie the download

John :

did it finish the download ?

Customer:

yes when i closed the window i was back on this page

John :

I am confused.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

yes

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=2ef0bc07-698c-4a97-b06b-0c8c422b395f then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Once I have access to your PC i will send a short message through the remote chat screen. Do not close this main chat page either.

John :

Is there any problem connecting?

Customer:

yes it needs an address for opening i think

John :

Not it wont need any address.i will give you another remote access tool,one moment please.

John :

Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password.

John :

no need the first one working now

John :

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/