Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Somehow Ive lost Bluetooth on my Samsung laptop (Windows 8).

Somehow I've lost Bluetooth on my Samsung laptop (Windows 8). How do I restore/retrieve/ reload Bluetooth?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Peter! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your laptop?

Do you have windows 8 or 8.1?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it's 8.1 - how do I find out?

Press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on your keyboard, or go to Control Panel\System and Security\System.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'd rather not.

With remote support, it's a lot easier and quicker for you. We can troubleshoot the issue on your computer while you are watching, and you can stop any time using your mouse.

If you still do not want remote support, we can reply back and forth here, and I can provide written instructions you can try on your own.

Please let me know if you have windows 8 or 8.1 and check at the back/bottom of your laptop for the exact model.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Surely there's an easier way than this? Just please tell me how to check which Windows version I have. And why do you need my laptop model number? Shouldn't I just be able to find a reliable Bluetooth downloader on the web?

I'm sorry, we have live online support. You have two options:

1. I can troubleshoot the issue remotely/directly on your computer screen, or
2. I can provide you written instructions for fixing the bluetooth issue.

You cannot just download any Bluetooth software (if this is actually the issue; it could be something else; I am troubleshooting with you by asking some questions); you need to download the exact bluetooth software/driver from the samsung website for your exact model; that's why we need the model of your laptop.

I did tell you how to check your windows version by doing this: Press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on your keyboard, or go to Control Panel\System and Security\System, then it will show you your windows version.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's definitely Windows 8.1

Model code is NP540U3C - A01UK

Thank you. Move your mouse to the bottom right edge corner of the computer screen, then click on Settings, then click on then click on Change PC settings, then click on PC and devices, then click on Bluetooth, then is Bluetooth on or off?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bluetooth doesn't appear anywhere under PC and devices.

Thank you. Can you please download and run the Samsung SW Update at the Samsung website below, then see if it finds your bluetooth driver/software to download / install it?

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/NP540U3C-A01HK-downloads

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's running some updates now but not Bluetooth

Let me it install all updates you see, then check. Run update again as needed to see if anything is new. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's going to take forever. 7 updates and so far only 23% of the first update after 15 minutes.

Can I get back to you on email later today?

Sorry, yes, you can get back to me later; you should have received an email message from Viet / JustAnswer; there is a link in that email message, which you can click on later in order to get back to me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I'll get back later.

Sorry if I appear rude. I'm not very good with computers and get a bit edgy about someone taking them over.

We'll communicate later.

You're welcome. That's okay. Don't worry about it. That's why we offer remote support to our customers, so that they don't have to do all the steps on their own; you always have this option if you'd like to: ***** ***** troubleshoot the issue for you while you are watching.

OK, see you later. Thank you,

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP540U3C-A01UK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All resolved thanks

You're welcome. Great. Thank you for replying back. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.