Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Hi I bought a 10.1" hanspree tablet at xmas for mt son. It

Customer Question

Hi I bought a 10.1" hanspree tablet at xmas for mt son. It has been playing up for a few weeks saying no connection and when I want to use playstore, internet Explorer, Google etc it comes up saying "there are problems with the security certificate for this site. Giving 3 options; go back, view certificate & continue. But it will not allow me to do anything. Please can you assist or do you think I should return it. We have a 2 yr. Guarantee? Thanks. Linda.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question!

It looks like the system date/time has been set incorrectly on the tablet, causing this issue. Please do this now:

Go to Settings > Date and Time, then check if the date & time is correct. If not, change it to the correct date & time accordingly.

Check the issue thereafter; do you still get the "security certificate" error this time?

If you continue to face issues, just reply back to me below.

Keep me posted. Thank you!