Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have an HP ENVY 5530 e printer and need to know how to connect

I have an HP ENVY 5530 e printer and need to know how to connect it to my lenovo tablet.I am connected to BT broadband and BT WiFi via a BTHub wirelessly.Can you help?
Tess
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What model Lenovo tablet is it? Also, does it have Windows 7 or 8?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model: LENOVO LEN S6000 WIFI

Doesn't have either Windows 7or8.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Great -- What are you trying to print on the tablet? Photos, documents, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Documentsand PDFs from emails,job application forms and information found on the internet.It could be that when something shows download and print Im not sure how to do it? I'm new to IT.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

How to print from home or home office

Easily print from your new Android device to an HP printer. Just make sure your device and printer are operating on the same network. The software is already on your device—no need to install anything.

Step 1
Step 1:

Open and select “Print”

Choose your content (photo, Web page, attachments, and more).

Tap the menu icon and select “Print” from the options.

Step 2
Step 2:

Choose your printer

Select from the list of printers that appears.

Step 3
Step 3:

Print and enjoy!

You can modify your print settings before tapping “Print”.

Don’t have the app? Get it here.

How to print in the office

You can print easily and securely from your smartphone or tablet without accessing the corporate network. Learn more.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Smile

The first screen you show doesn't show up on my tablet.How/do I access this screen?Your responces have been excellent.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
In order to get one of those screens, you will need to open an document such as one of the PDF files
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wink

How do I open a document. Last week I did manage to print off a copy of my telephone account so I must have done something right.I just don't know how I did it.Can you talk me through it in your reply.Much appreciated.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Tess,

It is tough to tell you how to open the document because I cannot see if you have it saved on your tablet already. You can open it via email attachment, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LaughingHow do you save a document?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You do not have to save the document to print it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LaughingI still need to know how to print. Is a menu displayed on my tablet?I m obviously not accessing the correct options.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If you open a document or picture and press the Menu button the options will appear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Laughing

I will give it a try and get back to you .Many thanks.

Tess

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Take your time!
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Tablet doesn't show a menu button?Laughing

Which is the menu button?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
It looks like an up arrow (actual button on the tablet)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thank you for your information and speedy help Josh.I have just managed to resolve the problem.Many Thanks.If I find I have any further problems I will not hesitate to contact you.