Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

My Kindle has "frozen" on a screen saver page. No buttons work,

My Kindle has "frozen" on a screen saver page. No buttons work, and connecting to computer has no effect. What can I do?
(I have already asked this question and paid the deposit)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wonderful! Thank you.

You're welcome Paul. I'm glad that I could help.

Don't worry your Kindle is perfectly fine. That was a glitch in the software that prevented device to work properly (the same situation you have sometimes on your computer or cell phone).

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked the question, then had to go through registration details, which meant that I had to ask the question again. You have given me the answer twice, and mentioned charges of £24 AND £26. I do hope I haven't been charged twice?

Hi Paul,

If a customer asks the same (or similar) question in the same day, we do not charge them twice. The second question will be automatically closed and marked "Duplicate Question".

There is no two similar questions on your account asked yesterday as you can see from the screenshot of your questions list below.

Your first question was asked on 27/05/2013, also related to Kindle. And, the second question (this one) on 04/07/2014.

If you have two different accounts registered on JustAnswer, you will have to log in using your second account and close your question asked from that account.

Please let me know if I can be of more help.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sent you a message on July 4 to the effect that I had to ask the same question twice, due to difficulties with registering. I said I hoped that I was not going to be charged twice, yet I see now that I was charged £24 and £26. Please will you refund one of these charges immediately.

Paul,

Here is a list of your questions - click here

There is no two similar questions on your account asked on July 4 as you can see on the page above.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have still only asked one question, yet I have still been charged twice, and you still have not said anything about refunding one of those charges. Please do so now.

Paul,

I'm just an Expert on JustAnswer.co.uk, so I don't have permission to provide refund. I can see only your question list, what I did and found that there is no duplicate questions on your question list.

My hands are tied, so the only action I can do is to provide you with phone number of our refund office. It's 0808-168-0054.

They will be able to find out what is the problem with double charging. I can only guess that you have two different accounts.

Once again, there is no duplicate question on your questions list, so there is no way that this question is charged two times.

Regards,
Todd